The H-J Family of Companies is a growing and innovative manufacturer and distributor of electrical components for power distribution. H-J has built our company on the quality of our products and service. We are looking for a great candidate to join our team as our Logistics Manager.
The Logistics Manager is responsible for all freight, both domestic and international. This position analyzes and coordinates the logistical functions within the organization, including Shipping and Receiving, import/export, and operational improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct process and operational improvement in Shipping and Receiving.
- Stay informed of logistics technology advances and apply appropriate technology to improve logistics processes.
- Develop an understanding of customers' needs and take actions to ensure that such needs are met.
- Manage the logistical aspects of products.
- Develop and implement technical project management tools such as plans, schedules and responsibility and compliance matrices.
- Direct team activities by establishing task priorities, scheduling and tracking work assignments, providing guidance, and ensuring the availability of resources.
- Maintain relationship with freight and shipment vendors, negotiate pricing, and review performance with vendors to ensure they are meeting company needs.
- Deal with HTS code classification, NAFTA, and all other import/export areas.
- Assist with Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) issues.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration with a focus in logistics or transportation or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in logistics
- Experienced in import/export issues, including HTS code classifications, NAFTA sheets, etc.
- Familiar with hazardous material logistic requirements and processes.
- Experience with developing relationships with freight vendors (UPS, FEDEX, C.H. Robinson, etc.)
- Knowledge of Foreign Trade Zones (FTZ) a plus
Please send Resumes to:
or apply in person at:
3010 High Ridge Blvd.
High Ridge, MO. 63049