Maintenance Technician - 1st Shift
POWER YOUR FUTURE!
Every time you turn on a light switch, H-J is helping to deliver that power!
The H-J Family of Companies is a growing and innovative manufacturer and distributor of electrical components for power distribution. H-J has built our company on the quality of our products and services. We are looking for individuals with the drive and desire to join our team and help us continue to grow.
Our Maintenance Team excels at maintaining our facility and equipment, which is evident in H-J’s appearance and production capability. Every department depends on this team and they deliver excellence in service every day.
Summary: Daily duties will include facilities maintenance, preventative maintenance and repair of production equipment including hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical manufacturing equipment.
- Repair and maintain mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical manufacturing equipment and PLC controlled machines and equipment, with some facilities maintenance
- Keep equipment running and maintained, continuously improve existing equipment
- Assist in design and fabrication of new equipment
- Troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, work from blueprints, repairs to machinery and general labor wherever needed
- Frequent use of forklifts to move machines and equipment.
- Frequent use of scissor lift to access equipment and conduct maintenance in high places.
- Work around hydraulic presses on a production floor in a manufacturing environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent, three years’ experience as multi-craft industrial maintenance technician
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, blueprints, schematics, manufacturer’s instructions, and service manuals
- Must possess technical skills relating to welding, plumbing, carpentry, electrical and utility systems
- Must have a strong attention to detail and ability to work independently and with a team
- Good communication skills, ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities effectively
- Able to work overtime as required
We offer a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, company provided life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, paid holidays, paid vacation, and tuition reimbursement for employees looking to grow with the company.
Apply online at H-J.com/Careers