CNC Setup Operator, 2nd Shift
POWER YOUR FUTURE!
Every time you turn on a light switch, H-J is helping to deliver that power!
The H-J Family of Companies is a growing and innovative manufacturer and distributor of electrical components for power distribution. H-J has built our company on the quality of our products and services. We are looking for individuals with the drive and desire to join our team and help us continue to grow.
Our CNC Team delivers high quality components, from simple to complex custom, to our manufacturing team. The exceptional skill and workmanship the CNC team provides gives H-J the competitive advantage to meet our customer’s unique needs.
- Evaluate overall process for efficiency and make recommendations for improvement opportunities while maintaining minimal machine downtime
- Edit programs and set up CNC lathes and machining centers as well as support equipment, as needed in a production environment
- Troubleshoot and correct machining problems
- Replace assigned tooling as needed (i.e., drills, boring bars, milling tools, etc.)
- Observe and comply with all company safety rules and regulations, and report incidents to supervisor and/or manager
- Perform regular training with machine operators
- Monitor product quality through regular inspection intervals
- Interpret technical drawings and effectively troubleshoot machining issues
- Maintain a satisfactory level of efficiency and quality in work produced
- Demonstrate safety awareness, good workmanship practices, and continuous improvement
- Participate in simple machine maintenance as required
- Meet outlined production and quality goals while operating equipment when change overs are complete
- Experience with G code programming and ability to optimize existing programs
- Experience in setting up 3- axis CNC mills and lathes in a production environment required
- Experience with Mazatrol programming is a plus.
- Experience with setup and machining of castings is a plus.
- Must be familiar with the mechanical function of CNC machines and equipment, to ensure all safety items are in place before operation is started.
- Must maintain a positive, productive relationship with other workers in the department, supervisor, quality inspectors and shipping.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, company
provided life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, paid holidays, paid vacation, and tuition
reimbursement for employees looking to grow with the company.
Apply online at H-J.com/Careers