The H-J Family of Companies is a growing and innovative manufacturer of electrical connectors for power distribution. H-J has built our company on the quality of our products and service. We are looking for a great candidate to join our team for 3rd shift CNC Setup.
This individual will work from drawings to produce parts from bar stock and castings at a CNC vertical milling machine, or lathe, with little supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate overall process for efficiency and make recommendation for improvement opportunities while maintaining minimal machine downtime.
- Edit programs and set up CNC lathes and machining centers as well as support equipment, as needed in a production environment.
- Troubleshoot and correct machining problems. Replace assigned tooling as needed (i.e., drills, boring bars, milling tools, etc.).
- Shall observe and comply with all Company safety rules and regulations, and report incidents to supervisor and/or manager.
- Perform regular training to machine operators.
- Monitors product quality through regular inspection intervals.
- Must be able to interpret technical drawings and effectively troubleshoot machining issues.
- Must maintain a satisfactory level of efficiency and quality in work produced.
- Must demonstrate safety awareness, good workmanship practices, and continuous improvement.
- Participate in simple machine maintenance as required.
- Experience with G code programming and ability to optimize existing programs
- Experience in setting up 3- axis CNC mills and lathes in a production environment required
- Experience with Mazatrol programming is a plus.
- Experience with setup and machining of castings is a plus.
- Must be familiar with the mechanical function of CNC machines and equipment, to ensure all safety items are in place before operation is started.
- Required to provide necessary tools to perform job, - i.e. micrometers, calipers, and wrenches.
- Must maintain a positive, productive relationship with other workers in the department, supervisor, quality inspectors and shipping.
- The ability to maximize the efficiency of programs to provide greater machine utilization.
Please send Resumes to:
or apply in person at:
3010 High Ridge Blvd.
High Ridge, MO. 63049