The H-J Family of Companies is a growing and innovative manufacturer of electrical connectors for power distribution. H-J has built our company on the quality of our products and service. We are looking for a great candidate to join our team as a General Accountant.
The General Accountant provides financial, administrative, and clerical support for the company. This includes processing daily customer invoices, ensuring the company receives timely payments, properly recording transactions, and resolving discrepancies according to established policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify and apply payments on customer accounts with receipts through lockbox, wires, ach, and credit cards
- Research customer payment discrepancies and address in a timely manner
- Contact delinquent customers to resolve and encourage timely payments
- Process and print daily invoices, including sorting, mailing, filing as required
- Respond to billing inquiries in a professional manner
- Review receivable aging reports with Controller and/or VP of Finance
- Provide support/function as back-up for Accounts Payable
- Assist with other accounting/month end duties
- Assist with covering/backing up Receptionist/Front Desk
- Other miscellaneous duties as deemed necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- 1 to 3 years of general accounting experience preferred
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment and the ability to multi-task is preferred
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Please send Resumes to:
or apply in person at:
3010 High Ridge Blvd.
High Ridge, MO. 63049